Guide to Wavlink Repeater Setup
Everybody wants to configure their network as per their requirements. It doesn’t matter whether it’s the router’s network or the repeater’s network. Therefore, if you want to change the settings for the Wavlink repeater, then you have to do the Wavlink repeater setup. The Wavlink Repeater Setup can be done in two ways- the WPS method, and the Web management method. This article will act as a guide to you helping you understand all the basics for the setup of the Wavlink repeater. Therefore, let’s start with the steps in order to complete the setup of the Wavlink repeater.
Steps for Wavlink Repeater Setup
As you know there are two methods for the setup: WPS, and web-based. So, both methods will be discussed one by one. First, the WPS method is being discussed as it is the easiest one. But, for the WPS method, it is important that your router should have the WPS button, otherwise use the web-based method.
WPS Method for Wavlink Repeater Setup
- Step 1: First, keep the WPS pressed on your Wifi router till the light starts blinking.
- Step 2: Then, within 2 minutes, press the WPS button for the Wavlink Repeater.
- Step 3: Wait for some time, and the LED light of the connectivity indicator will light in blue color.
- Step 4: It signifies, both the devices are now connected with each other using WPS connectivity.
- Step 5: Now, in your system, look for the available networks.
- Step 6: From the list of the available networks, select the name of your Wavlink network to connect to it.
Therefore, these steps will complete the Wavlink Repeater Setup with the help of the WPS button. Now, if your router doesn’t have the WPS button, then you need to follow the Web-based method.
Web-Based Method for Wavlink Repeater Setup
- Step 1: First, connect your system to the Wavlink network with the help of an ethernet cable or a wireless network.
- Step 2: Now, go to the desired web browser in your system.
- Step 3: Then, type the IP address of Wavlink i.e. 192.168.10.1 in the address bar, and hit Enter key.
- Step 4: The web interface for login will open up for the Wavlink repeater.
- Step 5: Enter the default username and password in the login fields of the screen.
- Step 6: Then, click on the Sign In button.
- Step 7: On the successful sign-in, you will reach the dashboard for the configuration of the Wavlink repeater.
Now, complete the configuration as required but do it carefully. Sometimes, some settings may also result in the stopping of the network services. It means you are not able to use your network from the Wavlink repeater. Therefore, make sure what changes you are making. But, still, if something wrong has happened then the first troubleshooting step is to revert back. You should follow it to revert back to that particular change in settings that have created the problem. Anyhow, if you have no idea, then perform the reset operation to revert back all the changes.
Reset Wavlink Repeater
To reset the Wavlink Repeater Setup, you need to follow these steps for the reset of the Wavlink repeater.
- Step 1: First, press the reset button at the back of the repeat using the sharp pin object.
- Step 2: Hold it for some time, till the repeater doesn’t get in Off state.
- Step 3: Then release it, and wait for some time till it gets On again.
- Step 4: Now, all the settings will turn back to the default.
- Step 5: Try to again connect with the Wavlink repeater network using default settings.
So, it is clear that it is the complete guide for the Wavlink Repeater Setup. Whether you want to complete the WPS setup or the Web-based setup, both are discussed in this guide. Moreover, if you are facing any kind of issue during the setup that has stopped working is also resolved here. Therefore, it is not wrong to say, it is a complete guide for you to complete Wavlink Repeater Setup. So, follow the steps mentioned in this guide, and complete the setup of your repeater. So, get ready to have a better signal range with Wavlink repeaters!