Tp-Link Repeater Setup
Do you need help with the TP-link repeater setup? Well! This post can provide you the right assistance. Here, we are going to provide you with complete information with brief details on the TP-link repeater setup process. So, read this post and follow the simple steps to set up your repeater without any hassle.
TP-link repeater is also known as the ‘Range repeater’ which helps to repeat the WiFi signals and expand them throughout the home to strengthen the wireless coverage and share a better browsing experience with the users. Once you complete the TP-link repeater login and setup for your Home Wireless network, you can repeat and expand the Wi-Fi signals to the areas where they were unable to reach normally. The repeater also helps to reduce the interferences to signal that usually cause trouble while browsing. Setting up the repeater is not a difficult task, all you need is to follow some simple steps and you will be done.
There are three steps you need to set up My Repeater:
Connect the TP-Link Extender to the Computer and Power Outlet
- First, you need to plug in your TP-Link Repeater to the Power outlet present near your router and then turn it on.
- After this, you need to connect the repeater to your PC using the ethernet cable.
Connect the TP-link repeater using the WPS button
- Once you have connected the repeater to your computer, you need to push the WPS button present on your access point on the main router. After that immediately push the WPS button present on your repeater. The WPS button is usually present on the backside of your device, but it can differ as per the model.
- It is important for you to push the WPS button on your TP-link repeater within two minutes after you push the WPS button on your router. So, make sure that you are correct.
- The WPS LED present on your router should blink once you push the WPS button. In case the LED is not blinking, you need to press this button again on your device and wait for 2 minutes. Your router and repeater may need some time for setting up and finding the perfect synchronisation.
- After this you need to check the LED signals on your TP link repeater. If the LED is on, your my repeater. net setup is done. Here, the LED color does not matter and also the signal bars.
- Open the web browser and type TPlinkrepeater setup in the address bar. If the web address does not work you can also type the IP address that is 192.168.0.254 in the address bar and hit the enter button.
- You will see the TP link repeater web page appearing on your screen.
- Go to the ‘Quick Setup’ and tap on the Next option.
- Choose your region and tap on the next.
- The TP link repeater will start scanning for the available Wi-Fi networks, this may take a few minutes.
- Now, from the list of available networks, you need to choose your Wi-Fi network and click on the next button.
- After this you need to enter the Wi-Fi password when prompted.
- To repeat the Wi-Fi signals, click on the ‘Copy from main router’. If you would like to create a different network, you need to click on the ‘Customize’ option and then Next.
- Check and review ‘Network Settings’ and click on the ‘Finish; option once you are done.
- Check the LED on your repeater, if the LED is turned on it means your setup process is successfully completed.
Make sure you place repeater in the Proper Place
Now that you are done with the TPlinkrepeater setup, you need to place the repeater in some convenient location so that you can get most of it.
So, follow these simple guidelines and complete the TP-link repeater setup process on your device without any trouble. The mentioned steps are simple, but it still there is a doubt you can always contact the experts and seek their advice to complete the task.