How to do TP Link Access Point Setup?
TP link access point mode basically means you are extending your router’s network. Usually, some routers already have the WAP included in them. But, there are standalone devices available as well acting as the gateway called network extenders. So, in case you have extra routers, and don’t want to buy new extenders, then you can use that router as an access point. But, what do you need to do about this? Well, you just need to complete the TP link access point setup, and you are done. Do you need help with the setup? Well, you are in the right spot. This article is going to explain to you the steps required for TP link access point setup. So, let’s get started!
Steps for TP link Access Point Setup
Setting up your router as the wireless access point will let you use it as the extender. So, in order to complete the TP link access point setup, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: First, establish the connection between the main router and the TP link router using an ethernet cable.
- Step 2: Now, connect the TP Link router to the power source, and turn it on.
- Step 3: Wait for the LED to light in green color after which you can start the configuration.
- Step 4: To start the configuration, connect your system with the TP Link router using an ethernet cable.
- Step 5: Then, launch a web browser like Google Chrome in your system.
- Step 6: Enter the IP address of the TP Link router i.e. 192.168.0.1 in the URL field.
- Step 7: The TP-Link Screen will open up for the login.
- Step 8: Enter the default credentials for the username and password i.e. “admin” and “admin” respectively.
- Step 9: Click on the Login or Sign In button, and the admin panel will open for the TP Link router.
- Step 10: Then, from the available options, select the Network tab.
- Step 11: After that, go to the LAN option.
- Step 12: Then, go to the Advanced mode, and select the operation as Access Point Mode.
- Step 13: Now, reboot your TP link router, and again complete the login.
- Step 14: Now, you need to configure the TP link router manually with a new IP address.
- Step 15: Therefore, in the admin panel, go to the Wireless tab.
- Step 16: Then, select the Wireless Settings option from the Wireless menu.
- Step 17: In the SSID field, set the new ID which is different from the available wireless networks, and Save the settings.
- Step 18: After that, select the option of the Wireless Security tab, and enable the WPA2 Personal.
- Step 19: Select the password as you want but it should be a strong one.
- Step 20: After that, go to the DHCP, and then DHCP settings, and disable them.
- Step 21: Save all the settings that you have made.
- Step 22: Now, go to the System Toll, and click on the Reboot option.
- Step 23: Completing the reboot option is necessary as it will allow the TP Link router to save and apply all the configurations.
- Step 24: Wait for 1 minute after reboot.
- Step 25: Now, disconnect the ethernet from the system and router.
- Step 26: Try to connect wirelessly with the TP Link router.
If you got connected successfully, then you have completed the TP link access point setup. Now, you can use your router as teh access point i.e. like an extender.
Extend Your Network!
It means, now there is no need to worry if you don’t have an extender but have an extra TP Link router. By following the above steps for TP link access point setup, you can set up the TP Link router as access point. So, you are extending your network without an extender. In last, you can have the benefits of network range by setting up TP link access point mode.