Install WiFi Repeater
Do you want to install WiFi repeater on your device? Looking for simple instructions for setting up your wireless repeater? If so, then don’t worry! You have landed in the right place. We are here to help you in setting up your wireless repeater. Here, in this article, we have described some simple guidelines that help you in setting and installing your WiFi repeater. But the first thing that you should know is about the WiFi repeater.
Know About Wireless Repeater
A WiFi repeater is a device that helps you in extending the range of your wireless network. With a wireless repeater, you can easily extend the range of the wireless signals in your large home or office complex without purchasing several new expensive routers. It extends the wireless coverage in the WiFi network by repeating the wireless signals generated by the access point.
Quick Instructions for Setting Up Your Wireless Repeater
Look at the below steps for setting up your wireless repeater on your device. You need to follow each step very carefully without making any mistakes:
- Step 1: Firstly, you need to plug your wireless repeater into the power socket next to your computer with the supplied power socket. After that, connect your repeater to the internet or LAN input of your computer.
- Step 2: Go to the Start button and in the search bar, type “Network and Sharing Center” and click on the enter button.
- Step 3: In case, your WiFi repeater is recognized by your computer then you will see it as a wired network i.e., Local Area Connection under your active networks.
- Step 4: After that, left-click on your connection and then tap on Properties.
- Step 5: Next, choose “Internet Protocol Version 4” or “TCP/ IPV4). Tap on Properties.
- Step 6: In the next step, click on the “Obtain an IP address automatically”. Now, you have to browse the IP address of your wireless repeater from the web browser window.
- Step 7: Enter the user ID and password of your wireless repeater. If you want then you can change the user ID and password of the WiFi repeater. Change the settings from Basic to wireless.
- Step 8: Enter the SSID or network name and password for your wireless network to increase the speed up to 300mbps or faster.
- Step 9: Tap on the “Site Survey”. Search for the SSID of your WiFi network and click on Connect. After that, you will get a message on your screen that you are successfully connected.
- Step 10: Now, you can move your wireless repeater to the location of your preference i.e., halfway between your PC and router.
- Step 11: At last, disconnect your repeater and then reconnect the wireless connection on your computer. After that, you will see that your internet connection speed has increased.
Step-by-Step Guidelines to Install WiFi Repeater Using WPS Method
The installation of a WiFi repeater is very easy. Follow the below instructions to install WiFi repeater by using the WPS method:
- Step 1: The first step is to plug the WiFi repeater into the power socket. Press and hold the WPS button on your WiFi device for a few seconds.
- Step 2: After that, you will see that the power LED light blinks on the wireless repeater. Within 2 minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router. Wait for some time until LED light appears on the screen.
- Step 3: The wireless repeater will connect automatically with the WiFi connection with the router.
- Step 4: If your wireless repeater does not have a WPS button then you have to install the wireless extender manually.
We hope that the above-mentioned instructions will help you in setting up your wireless repeater on your device. If you have any trouble in install WiFi repeater then you can contact an expert team for technical support.